Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Blasted Door Tag

My phone bit the dust.  It decided not to turn on any more on Monday.  This comes after a couple of months of not being about to use my home buttons. I had to shut off the thing completely in order to get out of any app or screen.  Also, texting had been a little on the tricky side since menus would randomly pop up while in the middle of texting often deleting my message all together or sending me somewhere else on my phone...I cannot tell you how much cursing occurred while dealing with my POS. There were countless occasions where I wanted to throw the damn thing out the window and run it over about 24 times or let it sink to the bottom a lake. But I didn't...and then it died.

I finally called my phone company after finding out that I was still under warranty. Yay!  After speaking with a rep about the phone, she said they would send me a new one. Victory! I went ahead and paid for overnight shipping since it makes me a bit nervous being without a communication device working so far from my kiddo...and given my track record with my trusty ride. So I took half the day off from work yesterday to be home for the delivery (a signature was required) and also to be home in time for parent/teacher conferences. As I pull into my driveway, the explicatives started.  I saw this:
Are you effing kidding  me?! The one time, ONE TIME, I wanted FedEx to be late, they weren't. As I examine the door tag I see that I can pick up my package after 6:55p.  Hmmm, I probably won't be doing that but if I wanted to, the facility closes at 7p!  Really, FedEx? A 5-minute window? Stupid.

I signed the door tag and remembered to actually put it outside for the driver with a note as to where I would like him to leave the box. I hope he follows those directions because it is snowy out and I don't really want to have another damaged phone.  Someone might need to commit me.

Please don't steal my phone.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment