Thursday, February 7, 2013

IHOP

This conversation happened once between and friend and me in high school...

Her: "Where do you want to eat?"
Me: "I don't know...how about IHOP?"
Her: "I've never been there.  How about International House of Pancakes? It is right down the road."
Me: ..............*staring and waiting*...............
Her: "O.M.G."
Me: "Yep."

The pancakes: divine. The omelets (albeit super unhealthy): delicious.  (I've heard they put some of that crack pancake batter in the omelets - idk if that is true.) Soft drinks: Pepsi brand...WIN! But the mecca of pancakes has one thing that I covet: butter pecan syrup. Liquid. Gold.

Now, I've purchased butter pecan syrup before and it just doesn't stack up (get it?!) to that of IHOP. I mean would it kill them to bottle the stuff for sale at my local supermarket? Or even in there restaurant? It isn't exactly ideal to sneak a sticky bottle of table syrup into one's purse but the thought has crossed my mind.

I don't know why they even bother with regular maple, strawberry, blueberry and the red-headed stepchild boysenberry. All anyone needs is butter pecan.

Since I'm working on behaving myself at meal time, I didn't have a big plate of pancakes drowning in BP like I would have wished.  I did not, however, eat all of my meal in favor of a bite (or 2) of V's.  It seemed like an even trade.

I wonder if I took my own bottle in if they would just, you know, fill 'er up??  I need something good for Toaster Waffle Sunday.

C.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment