Thursday, February 21, 2013

Blasted Door Tag: Take 2

The signed door tag did the trick.  The package was delivered.  I should have known - the replacement phone is a refurbished one. And wouldn't you know it - it is WHACK!

I turned it on and it said there was about 70% battery.  In the middle of setting it up, it turned off. Completely.  I tried to turn it back on. No dice. I plugged it in. The charge said 70%. So I turn it on and get it going again. In the middle of setting it up, it turned off. Rinse and repeat.

This time there was suddenly no charge on the battery.  So while it is plugged in, I attempted again to set this thing up.  I was going to add our WiFi to it and since it is a completely nonsensical password,  I was planning to take the device with me to retrieve the password. Bam. Turned off. Keep in mind the battery icon on the screen says it was fully charged. So I plug back in.

Again, attempts were made to finish setting the dog-gone thing up...and again, it turned off completely.  I quit.  It is charging but I'm not going to hold my breath for anything. I mean if the phone isn't even sure of how much battery life it has, how can I? Makes me wonder if that is why they had the phone to give to schmuck #2 anyway.

At the rate this thing is going, I should probably start carrying quarters and get a map of payphones.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment