Sunday, February 3, 2013

She's OBSESSED!

2-1/2 months.  That is how long we have had the lizard.  2-1/2 months. That is how long we have been feeding a creature that lives in our house other live creatures that live in our house. Gross.

Lily noticed the thing right away and would watch him, aka Petey, from the safety of Sloan's bed. If she was feeling adventurous, she would get a little closer and just sit and watch.  She is over him now. Maggie, on the other hand, just noticed the little bugger this weekend.  O.M.G.

I know what you're thinking, "Come on...not another dog post!"  Well, it is another dog post but please understand that I have more of these "people" than I do people in my house.  They are characters. They play a part. :)

Maggie is a bird dog.  She NEEDS to get the bird! It's like I'm taking away her birthday when I don't let her.  Lily has enlisted her help chasing down the squirrels SHE has beef with in the backyard.  Vicious.

We were minding our business vegging out watching TV and Mags is nowhere to be found. I ask where she is and about the same time I hear her whine.  I go upstairs to see if she is locked in a room and nope...she is locked out of a glass lizard aquarium. Her sights were set. She was focused. A little later we hear her scratching at the tank! Oh sh*t!

Today has been much of the same.  She has been up in Petey's grill all day! At this point, I think the lizard is starting to tease her intentionally...just perched up on his factory manufactured plastic rock saying "Nananahbooboo!" If he isn't careful, she will knock over that tank and will be a goner. In the meantime, I find it humorous that she sits and stares. "I'll get you, my pretty..."
C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment