Friday, February 15, 2013

Hair Did

...as in "getting my hair did." There is something very special about getting hairs cut.  If you are like me and love having your hair touched/pet, this is one of your favorite places to be. Let's break it down:

1. Decide it is time. That is half the battle.
2. Call for an appointment.
3. Make sure you have several dates of availability because it is likely your favorite stylist is also the favorite of others and s/he is booked.
4. Wait for said appointment.
5. Decision time on day of appointment - do I wash my hair or not?? I usually do because no one wants to run their fingers thru whack, unclean hair. I don't care who you are.
6. Appointment time.
7. Sit in 'the chair'.
8. Let the stylist play for a minute - talk about what you want, what you need, what you don't want, get on the same page...
9. WASH TIME! Oh glorious wash time. This is one of the best parts. Not only is someone else touching my hair, but washing it and massaging my scalp.  Sweet Jesus, it is amazing.
10. Now for the cut. (thinking to myself, "Please don't forget what we discussed...")
11. She's cutting and talking and cutting and talking and adjusting and talking and tweaking and talking....stylists are a breed of their own.  I have a hard time carrying on a conversation while I'm concentrating on something else.  They do it like it's their job! Oh...
12. Dry time. Gotta check on the creation.
13. It's mostly dry but now for dry cutting and more texturizing.
14. Style. And here's the mirror to look at the back...

Then the heavens open up and a soft light comes out of the clouds to shine on my new 'do! I think the angels sing...pretty sure of it.

There isn't anything quite like getting your hair done.  It is fresh. It feels fabulous. You come away with a spring in your step and a new need to toss your hair around. You get your swagger back, if only for a moment. 

And, finally, here is my shameless plug for Angel - go to her!!! Flirt Salon. She specializes in cut and style - she knows her stuff. She has been cutting on my hair for a little while now (almost 2 years) and I have never been disappointed. http://www.flirtsalondenver.com/stylists/angel.html

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment