Monday, February 18, 2013

A. P.

Lots of times we say how we should do this,  want to do that. Going to do this, maybe I'll do that. But often times these things just become words. No meaning behind it. And most of those times friends just listen and that's about as far as it goes. Well, this time is different.

I have found myself smack dab in the middle of 3 A. P.s. What's an A.P.? Accountability Partner. These are people that either keep you in line to your goals OR join you in your goals and ask for you to keep their tabs too. I've got 3 of the latter.

There's the husband. Tonight we did a jiu jitsu workout. It was unlike anything else I've done but that's great! "So we do this 3x a week?" Oh sure....so we are now accountable to each other for getting these workouts in.

Second,  I'm on a program with the bestie. I need her for this! I think her support for me is more important that mine of hers but I'm just glad we're in it together.

And lastly, I've got a friend with whom we are working the marbles.  A marble for each workout...along with 'punishment' marbles for not making the minimum each week. This one outta get interesting.

Oh! And I a few months, I'll have a workout buddy after she gives birth to her little girl.

My point with it all is this - with 3 people on my behind, it is going to be tougher to just not do it. We all need support. We all need an A.P. Whether it is for getting a workout in, getting homework done, or just a shoulder to cry on because we are feeling weak, support systems are priceless. I consider myself lucky to have such souls around me.

Much love,
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment