Saturday, March 23, 2013

3 Marbles

In true Chantel fashion, I decided to do something today that made little to no sense. I thought, "Sure, I can do this! It will be fun!" Hmm...it was fun, don't get me wrong.  But man, I am tired! In the middle of the rampage, I texted my A.P. to ask her how many marbles my whole insanity mission was worth - 3 marbles.  Hell yeah! Ok...game on!

7:50a - get out of bed
7:52a - get dressed
7:55a - start car
8:00a - kiss family goodbye
8:01a - brush off snow
8:07a - leave driveway
8:15a - check in at BCC for Zumba
8:20a - start class
9:15a - leave class
9:30a - call husband on the way to PDRC
9:32a - get off phone because roads are slick
9:40a - check in at PDRC
9:45a - start riding stationary bike with the interactive crap that makes you steer
10:23a - get off bike and check in for Zumba (again)
10:30a - start class
11:35a - leave rec center

What was I thinking??  This - that I'm a bit fluffy and I want to be twiggy. I've been off one plan for a few weeks and needed a kick start to get BOTH back on track.  I've managed to maintain the marble minimum (with the exception of last week - I asked for a mulligan due to a week-long headache and A.P. graciously granted. I was one short) but I want to start maxing it out.  I knew how I could get two fantastic workouts - with Zumba.  I've never doubled up on same-day classes only an hour apart.  The cycling in between was a way to kill some time. I didn't run because I forgot headphones and I cannot run without them. It just doesn't work for me.

I will say that filling the morning with workouts really helped my mental health as well as my physical. I just needed to focus on doing something good for my body and it paid off for my brain as well. When you feel good on the outside, you feel good on the inside.  I desperately need a massage from all the stress I've had lately but I hope to get that in the coming week.  In the meantime, I hope to make a habit of kicking my own ass!

P.s. - Thank you Keri and Michelle for braving the storm!!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment