Sunday, March 10, 2013

Makeover: Part 2

The transformation is complete. My living room is ready for the thrift shop cover shot! It is impressive how a little paint and some new accessories can really change how a space looks. As I said earlier, it was long overdue. The previous color was drab but this new color is quite refreshing.  It gives the living room a new spring in its step....which is appropriate since it is called "Spring walk".

I got some new throw pillows - two of which S has called "the coconut pillows", a new ladder shelf, new area rug, freshened up the wall decor, and spruced up the crown molding. I was able to score a couple deals so I at least didn't completely break the bank.  I did, however, lose out on a piece of furniture that I hesitated on.  I saw the sucker on Thursday and it's gone today, Sunday.  I suppose I didn't need it that badly. But gosh it sure would have been nice to have a new something to put stuff in! 

Here is a (poorly executed) comparison shot:
I left space for expansion on the "photo gallery". I actually planned ahead! :)  I think the dining room is next.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment