Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Schmucky Love Story

It all started over 13 years ago - Boy meets Girl.  Boy and Girl strike up a friendship. Boy and Girl become workout buddies. Boy starts to win the heart of Girl (even though he had some neato 80s hair). Boy and Girl share first kiss at park. Boy and Girl use the interwebs to chit chat with instant messaging as their love grows. Boy helps Girl move....but not to his place. Girl practically lives at Boy's house for a year. Girl also falls in love with Boy's children. Girl finally moves in with Boy. Boy proposes. Girl says yes. Boy and Girl get married. Mr. and Mrs. learn they made a mini and prepare for the arrival. Mini arrives and the family is finally complete.

Add some tricky situations, a few dogs and cats to the mix, a break up and get back together, some fun, some fear, and an only-just-begun, and I present to you our love story. It has been nine years since we tied the proverbial knot. I would be lying if I said that it has been all tulips - a lot has happened between our four lips, butterflies and sunshine. But I would also be lying if I said it has been all burnt toast, flat tires, and misery. The truth of the matter is that we have been on an interesting journey together consisting of victories and momentary loss, project success and some not-so-favorable results. No matter what we are doing or how hard it is to look each other in the eye, we find a way to work it all out in the end.
Every relationship takes work. Some days the work is effortless and other days it takes a little more coaxing. There is always give and take. Somehow, he and I have figured out what works for us. Mutual respect and honor, sharing some laughs, and knowing when to let it lay.

I do things that make him crazy. I'm lucky he is willing to put up with me. I thank my lucky stars to have found my partner, forever teammate, and true love. Life is what you make it...and I'm happy to have made my life with him. After next year, we're gonna have to start using our toes to count the wedding anniversaries...I'm gonna have to start getting winter pedicures! :P
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment