Sunday, March 3, 2013

Captain Contradiction

In the days of yore (like 2 years ago), I used to go to this place called Red Rocks Amphitheatre on Sunday mornings fairly regularly.  No, it wasn't for concerts.  It was to use the many, seemingly endless, case of stairs/bleachers. This is a place where many people come to punish themselves with the free fitness equipment.
The thing that I forgot about this beautiful site is that you already need to be fit just to make it from the road to the bottom of the theatre. Crap! This is only the beginning...

So I managed to get my plump behind up the first set. I should mention that the stairs were still covered in what had become ice from the last storm.  No one shovels these bad boys...imagine THAT workout! I spotted Ashley - my RR buddy (among other things - I do heart her!) - and head her way. Let the humiliation begin.

I'm not sure how many trips to the top I managed but I will say that I wasn't able to complete each run the way I wanted.

About an hour after arriving, it was time to pack it in.  The legs were shaky.  Good.  The toosh had a little burn.  Also good.

I got home and needed to go to the market to get some food for the girls and thought I would pick up something for dinner as well. V said that he would get lunch in the oven - leftover Beau Jo's..contradiction #1.  I kicked my ass at RR just to ruin it with crusty, cheesy, delicious pizza.

At the store, my cart was full, FULL, of contradictions! I bought soup - mostly 'light' but there was one regular. Chips - one bag of baked Doritos and one bag of Lay's Dill Pickle (made the regular way). Bananas and kiwi paired with a box of 'deluxe' mac and cheese. Do I HAVE any self-control? Not with food.

And finally, I decided to do a second workout for the day. It was a sweaty 30 minutes and I was feeling good...contradiction in wait? I've asked for ice cream. Bah!!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment