Friday, March 15, 2013

The View for a Talk

The other day a dear friend went on a trip...but I was unsure where the heck she was going! She posted her arrival at an airport in St. Louis which prompted my question, "Where u headed?"  Her response, "I'll text you!"

Since I'm an impatient person, I texted her first...while I was on lunch. She told me where she was and what she was up to. I asked her to please not die - "Please don't get murdered." I'm paining the picture that she was in a dangerous place.  She was not and besides, she is a big girl and knows how to make smart decisions! But this simply curious text turned in a little more...
She and I used to 'talk' everyday.  That's all we had since we are 1000 miles apart. She has been out to visit me a couple times - I even drug her behind through some cold mountain mud in the form of a Warrior Dash! I do love her dearly - my sister from another mister you could say.

But recently, we have drifted apart.  It certainly wasn't intentional but I recognized it because I've really missed her. As I was sitting in my car, staring out my windshield as I ate my lunch and continued to text her, I said it, "...I feel like I have no idea what's happening with your anymore...we never talk. I'm to blame for that..." I have become so caught up in my own life and stresses that I've let some of my friendships fall by the wayside. Of course she was quick to take some of the blame on herself, but she shouldn't have.  This one is mine to shoulder. But I made a promise to be better...which I intend to keep.

Life is hard.  It is difficult to nurture all the relationships that make one feel whole...unless you are a hermit and don't like people. Then I would think it would be a bit easier.  But that's not me.  I'm true to my species and need to have a social outlet. I like the people I know...strangers are a different ball of wax. I hope that those that are really important to me know it...even if I become absent sometimes.  <3 you, Stephanie!! xoxo

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment