Friday, March 29, 2013

Today, I'm Purple.

This could easily go under "Girl Problems" but I decided not to put it there. Nails....more specifically nail art. There is some crazy stuff out there that girls have done/will do to their fingernails in regards to art. It runs the gamut of a 'natual' nail with no polish or anything to a very long acrylic nail with a skyline painted on. That one website I loff, Pinterest, has countless pins on nails.

I have seen some cute ideas but nothing that I would feel comfortable wearing on my hands. Everyone sees your hands. There is no hiding them.  And if you do something atrocious to them, voluntarily, you will be hard pressed sneaking it by everyone you meet.  My BFF Sunny and I have had discussions about nail color in the past - what we would and would not do on our hands. We came to the consensus that hands are better left on the conservative side - particularly in the professional world. A plain, non-ridiculous color, a nice french manicure...leave the neon and butterfly designs to the teenagers.  Toes, on the other hand, are fair game to get cRaZy!

I'm a pink and white french manicure girl. It is one of the things that have helped earn me the title of "high maintenance" from my husband and mother. I like my manicure...it makes me feel a little more put together when, quite frankly, I'm rarely ever "put together".  Recently, I have added a little something. Color.  What's that? Yes, a touch of color.  The first time I did glittery silver. The last time, a glittery blue on the request of my boy.  And this time, I'm purple.

Now this is one kind of nail art I can handle!  It is really growing on me.  The touch of color infuses a little personality into the standard manicure.  If I ever feel so brazen as to try holograms and tiger stripes on my nails, you'll be the second to know... :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment