Friday, March 29, 2013

It Could Have Been Avoided

One of my besties, Christina, and I decided it would be a fun idea to take our kids (who happen to be only 2 weeks apart in age) for a fun day at the Natural History Museum. After all, it is spring break  We had this planned well in advance (because that's how she rolls).  But much to our dismay, the day unraveled quickly.

We met and drove a caravan to the museum but got separated a little along the way.  Upon entering the parking lot, I sent this text, "It's packed!" Onward to the underground parking.  I got super lucky and snagged a spot that someone was backing out of.  Christina, on the other hand, was not so lucky.  After circling all possibilities, she was skunked out. Meanwhile, I was inside waiting for her and it was pretty much elbow-to-elbow in there. I don't do well with crowds. I'd be curious what my actual heart rate does in the midst of seas of other humans. I suggested we try something else and she agreed.

After returning to the parking garage, it took some time to get out. As I not-so-quickly learned, they had since put up a sign that the garage was full.  No doy! It was a complete shit show! We met at McD's and planned to check out a new place, Jump City.  I was pretty certain it was open. We go to there...

Closed. *%^) REALLY?! Strike 2. Now what? Jumpin Jordy's...even though the last time this place was spoken of, it was because a child my son knows broke his arm. GRRRRREAT! We are now about and hour and a half into the trip but we go to place #3.  Jumping castle place is open...and ready to steal your money! In addition to the 6-yo's, we also had the baby (15 months) in tow. $5 to get that little monkey in. Um, ok. Their idea of a $5 admission for a tiny toddler is a crappy little area with squishy junk they don't know what else to do with. Not fun and even the baby knew that! He just wanted to run his mom rampant! The older kids had a good time until....

Kaylin fell on her rump. Sloan got a raspberry on his forearm. Kaylin got a raspberry on her leg. Sloan was told to spit out the gum he found (it wasn't ABC thank GOODNESS). Sloan had a collision with another child which leveled them both. Death. Destruction. Armageddon stuff.
The kids had a fun time but all the hurt could have been avoided if not everyone in Denver and the surrounding areas planned a trip to the museum...Uhg. Oh and I taught the baby the joys of dipping.  Fries. Ketchup. Just the things aunties are supposed to do. WUAHAHAHAH!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment