Saturday, March 9, 2013

Just a Little Show

What's better than spending time with your family on a lazy Saturday afternoon?  Spending time with one of your besties! It was questionable considering the weather conditions, but much like any other time, the storm was pumped up much bigger than what we actually faced.  Onward with plans! Christina and I went to see "Catch Me If You Can - The Musical" today.
I haven't ever seen the movie and may not have been able to follow the story had I not read the show program prior to curtain time. I'm glad I made use of that time...you know, after I got in trouble for taking a picture in the theatre. Because apparently taking a self-portrait with your friend is strictly forbidden! I have some nerve. The show was entertaining for sure.  As Christina and I discussed afterward, we were both in agreement that there were a bit too many musical numbers.  It seemed like the whole show was sang. For me (and I think she agreed) I need a little more 'play' in between the 'musical'. They definitely had a full cast of singers at the wings! But who knows, maybe I'll start breaking into song whenever something is about to happen...might keep people on their toes!

Being the girls we are, we were quite envious of the ladies on the chorus line doing all the sassy dancing (and singing). Put me through one of their workouts - just one should give me their legs, right?

I'm just glad that I got to sit by her for a few hours.  I haven't seen much of her lately and dangnabit I've missed her face!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment