Sunday, January 13, 2013

Captain Let-Down

The cupcakes did NOT tell the tale of reality. Thank you, Matt Prater, for missing that field goal.  Thank you, Peyton Manning, for that super interception and fumble. Thank you, Coach Fox, for forcing OT with with 30 seconds remaining and not evening giving it a shot. Thank you, Defense, for not showing up.

I had big hopes for this game. The Ravens wanted a rematch, they got it, and they got the better of The Broncos.  I found myself saying, "NOOOOO!" far too often. The boys in blue and orange are done for this season and I am very unhappy about it.

Coming into this game on a winning streak, ranked #1, and on home turf should have clinched it for us.  But they didn't give Baltimore enough credit - they wanted revenge. They were ready to play some good football.  They delivered for their fans and for their life in the playoffs.

I'm as good a Monday morning quarterback as any.  Except it is Sunday. Should have done this...could have done that...why on earth did they think that was a good idea?! Anything can happen on game day. I suppose I'm particularly bitter because I took the Broncos to the Super Bowl! I was ready to make my best batch of orange and blue cupcakes for folks to shove down their gullets!!  Now I will have to settle for some other colors. Bah!
 
We have next season.  We always have next season. I need some retail therapy to help me cope with this one...something tells me I won't be able to make a compelling argument to pull it off.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment