Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tied??!


As Super Bowl XLVII (47) approaches, I am saddened by my less-than-epic bracket performance. As luck would have it, I didn't expect either of the final teams - The San Francisco 49ers or the Baltimore Ravens - to make it to the big show.  As with most of Denver, I had a big giant glass of the blue and orange koolaid expecting the good guys to make it. Most of my eggs were in that basket. The day the Broncos died was the day my bracket has no chance.

There were 36 players this year.  I came in 8th place - tied with 2 others for the coveted spot. It is certainly nothing to write home about but a blog entry?? Yes!  8th place doesn't even have a ribbon color.  What color should 7th loser get?

So here I stand at the corner of 8th Place and Disappointed Drive just looking forward to the commercials. And if I am to be completely honest, I'll likely be cramming my cake hole with red and gold cupcakes.  Purple and yellow took the good guys out. I refuse to enjoy any of those.

I'm no fair-weather fan.  I'll be whipping up a nice big pitcher of the orange stuff every Sunday starting in September. We always have next year...

C.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment