Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Just....Wednesday.

I almost didn't make a composition today.  Why? Nothing to talk about.  Nothing particularly interesting happened today that anyone would care about. The real reason for the post is to just adhere to the resolution. 

My bestie, Sunny, has her own resolution.   (I'll keep it vague since I didn't ask permission to make her my subject today.) She just embarked on it and is, so far, doing a great job!  However, spending some time with me today throttled some progress.  I felt awful that I jacked her up so much but I love her attitude after we talked about it..."Oh well, start again tomorrow." Yes.  Always tomorrow.

So often I am the leader of my own demise. I mess up one time and in goes the towel. I expect perfection and if that doesn't happen, I may as well just give up. I realize this is stupid. No one is perfect and I should take the guidance I give my son - things take practice.  Walking takes practice. Writing a daily blog takes practice.  Getting into a workout routine takes practice. Sticking to a diet takes practice. Being a good fraud detector takes practice. Arguing well takes practice. Keeping your face clean while eating spaghetti takes practice - a LOT of practice!

You get it...everything takes practice. If you mess up, there is always tomorrow to do your best to get it right. Today is not the end. Today is not the day to throw in the towel. Tomorrow you will be better. Tomorrow, carpe diem!

So as it turns out, I did learn something very valuable today. Thank you for another free session, Sunbug! You didn't even know you were schooling me in a life lesson. :)

C.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment