Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Driver's Ed

Day in and day out I commute over 60 miles a day round trip.  As you can imagine, my car has a lot of miles.  I have been making this trip 5-6 days per week for about 9 years. I am pretty much used to it by now but the one thing that gets my blood boiling every time is traffic.  The jamming kind. The kind in which you are sitting on the main thoroughfare of the Denver Metro area with very little movement wishing you had a movie to watch and could do it safely because "driving" no longer includes using the accelerator.

Most days are fine.  There is some traffic but that is to be expected. But there are others, like last night, in which I have murder on my mind.

Accidents happen.  I get that. But why does it always, ALWAYS, have to affect traffic in such a way that is backs up for miles? These accidents that cause my blood pressure to rise are never life-threatening. They are generally a little fender bender that should have been moved away from traffic without the aid of police -  exchange your insurance info and be on your way.  You don't need to talk about the weather, or your kids, or make plans for drinks later...Wrap. It. Up. And for those of you that aren't involved? There is this saying I like to use in my house that goes, "How about you worry about you and let ____ worry about ____." Let's all do that and move along our merry little ways!

On my way home last night, there were no less than 3 accidents clogging up the roadways I frequent on my commute home. And another jam was caused by lights! Not police lights - construction lights!  Suddenly everyone is a vampire and can't look into florescent lights so OMG! STOP!!!! BAH!

The one that particularly infuriated me was the one on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD. You know these jams - the looky-loos going in the opposite direction stopping to see what all the hooplah is all about over there.  Here's an idea..if you want to look soooo bad, turn around and get into THAT traffic and have yourself a good long look since I know you won't follow by aforementioned suggestion of minding your own business.

My language gets quite colorful when these little gems meet me on my way home. It's 2013...I thought we were supposed to have hover crafts by now?! That would really be better for me.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment