Thursday, January 24, 2013

Karma

You know, what goes around comes around. Some days you get slapped with a big ole piece of karma cake and it tastes....DELICIOUS! Check it out...

The Google rectangle was about the size of my old monitors. I've been upgraded to a cool 22" dual screen! And it's not even my birthday!

To what do I owe this to?  Well, I'll tell you.  A gentleman I work with brought me his wife's ring because it was missing an accent diamond and was out of round.  After looking at it thoroughly, I found that the center diamond was chipped. :(  I let him know of this and asked him how he would like to proceed. He said he would take to his bride and get back to me. 

They wanted to see if insurance would cover replacement and asked if I could draft a letter explaining the condition of the ring and my recommendations on repair/replacement.  I happily did that for him.  He works on our Service Desk so I am certain there have been many things he has helped me out with.

After all is said and done with the letter, he informs me that my monitors are too small and he'd get me some new ones.  I think to myself, "Huh? Too small, eh? Hmph.  Well, I guess they are little but I'm used to them." So I admittedly shrug it off, say OK!, and just let it lie.

Well, lookie at what got installed today! Holy crap I didn't realize how puny my other monitors were! I'm seriously like a little kid getting a new toy!  I have so much real estate now that I don't know what to do with myself.  I can look at a whole spreadsheet without scrolling to the right or left in most cases - that, my friends, is a big deal to me!

They say no good deed goes unpunished but today, I beg to differ.  Thank you, Marcus, for my new, shiny, BIG monitors! Oh and one other thing - the new ring Mrs. Marcus is getting is stunning.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment