Thursday, January 3, 2013

Real Men of Genius

Here's to you, Mister Won't-Stop-Talking-About-His-Bracket Guy!

Who's going to win that hundred bucks? YOU'RE gonna win that hundred bucks, and tell me about it every 5 minutes. (This is worst than mega-millions.) Sure, maybe you like Butler's chances and quote "Like the look of Jackson State", but the first college basketball game you watched was last week...on ESPN Classic. (Watch out for Christian Latner!) Winthrop over Norte Dame, Boston College won't hold off Texas Tech...no one cares. Who Does Shirley in the mailroom have? She's won the office pool the last three years running. (She's got an aunt down in Florida!) So here's to you Mister Won't-Stop-Talking-About-His-Bracket Guy.  For you the madness is not just March. (Mister Won't-Stop-Talking-About-His-Bracket Guy!)

2013 NFL Playoff Bracket. This is happening in my office.  Do we have a mailroom? Sort of...Jake lives in there and Mandy visits from time to time.  There is no Shirley I know of so I'm in the clear in that regard.  But I can at least say that I have a few games this season. However, the NFC eludes me. I haven't a clue who the winners and losers are - besides their seed ranking...well, maybe just a small, cute, little clue but it is quite miniature.

Now, the AFC...there is where my boys live.  Gimme a B!...R-O-N-C-O-S! The orange and blue.  Some say that God is a Bronco fan which is why the sunsets are orange and blue.  Who am I to argue? The best day of my football life (in recent history) was when we (cause I'm clearly part of the team) signed Mr. Peyton Manning.  Always been a fan of him - even as he played with the baby horses (The Colts). The guy is a phenomenal player.  Love him or hate him you can't deny that coming back from multiple neck surgeries and taking a brand new team (to him) to the playoffs ranked #1 in their conference is no small feat!

So it is no surprise that I picked my boys for The Big Show.  I'll be biting my artificial nails during the New England game - duh, they are going to make it that far - and sipping my Diet Mt. Dew hoping not to spill it as I cheer from my easy chair. Ok - I don't have an easy chair. It is a stylish arm chair.  But you get it.

Winner takes all in the bracket pool.  This is my first go at Resolution #4. Are you ready for some football?!


C.

No comments:

Post a Comment