Monday, January 7, 2013

This is me tapping...

I have a clear case of the Mondays - I didn't want to get out of bed, didn't want to make the drive to work, didn't want to work once I got there, didn't want to take a walk on a break...But I forced myself through most of it.  The walk hasn't happened...maybe later.

I have my desk mostly caught up - the old paperwork shuffle...I'm sure you know the dance - and I break for lunch.  I brought some of that awesome potato soup from yesterday, a strawberry cheesecake cup, and a diet Dew. It was quite satisfying and I return to the grind.

The day progresses and here she comes...that bitch that rears her ugly head all the time!  A headache...and she is bound and determined to turn into a migraine. Oh no...no, no, no.  Not today.  I'm in no mood to deal with this along with the rest of the Monday shenanigans. Most of the time, all I can do is take my OTC pharmaceuticals (only migraine-grade will have a chance) and hope for the best.  Today is no different.  I am usually unable to leave work and rest it off so I'm used to this sort of thing. If I'm lucky, I can catch it in time to prevent that evil B from getting worse. It's a crap-shoot. Bottoms up and tablets down!



Time will tell if Excedrine will work today but when the mister asks if I took anything, the answer will be yes. Fingers crossed.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment